In a few minutes you will find multiple cultural offers that will make your stay a most interesting vacation!
Malgrat de Mar
With a great tourist tradition and multiple attractions, it has a lot to offer you: nature, culture, history, good food, shopping and fun.
On the Barcelona Coast and just at the border of the Costa Brava, Malgrat de Mar offers holidays for everyone! Come and find it out!
Don’t miss Francesc Macià Park, a great park full of fun for the whole family!
Barcelona is a city with two thousand years of history, in which knowledge, fun, culture, creativity, tradition and avant-garde coexist. It is a vibrant city, full of life and movement where it is impossible to get bored!
From Camping del Mar, we recommend you:
- To visit the Sagrada Familia, the Palau de la Música Catalana or the Casa Battló to discover the characteristic architecture of Barcelona. The Parc Güell is also a must, ideal for a family walk!
- To walk through Plaça Catalunya and Las Ramblas, emblematic points of Barcelona!
- To get lost in the alleys of the Gothic Quarter and in the Born and visit its unique shops
- to telax in the Ciutadella park or on the beaches
- Discover Catalan gastronomy in one of its several markets. La Boqueria is the most famous but we recommend the Santa Caterina market for an authentic experience!
- And above all, to let yourself be surprised by every beautiful corner of the city …
We recommend a visit with the tourist bus, designed so that you can experience Barcelona your way and discover its most special places.
Girona is a small city in the interior of Catalonia that you will love for its historic center, with small cobbled streets and pretty squares.
The Oñar river crosses the city of Girona from South to North and the houses that border the river have facades of different colors. You can enjoy beautiful views from any bridge in the city!
Girona also has a great cultural and gastronomic offer.
Don’t miss the Girona Temps de Flors event! For a week, the streets and monuments throughout the city are covered in floral creations.
Coastal town full of activities for all kinds of people: dances, concerts, workshops, exhibitions, courses, fairs, shows, sports events, etc …
Also known for the Costa Brava International Fireworks Competition.
Tossa de Mar
Tossa de Mar is an old fishing town with a great historical background, which has become, for more than half a century, an emblematic tourist destination on the Costa Brava.
From the medieval wall of Tossa de Mar, you will discover very beautiful views over the town.
Canet de Mar
Canet de Mar is a small town on the Barcelona Coast where you will find a great modernist heritage.
The architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner lived and worked in Canet. Here he produced such important works as the Palau de la Música Catalana in Barcelona.
From Camping del Mar, we recommend to visit:
- La Casa museo Domènech i Muntaner (house-museum)
- La Casa Roure (turned into a restaurant today)
- The Santa Florentina castle, where a season of Game of Thrones was filmed
If you visit the area in September, don’t miss the Modernist Fair!
Figueres and the Dali museum
Figueres, a city in the Alt Empordà region, is famous for the amazing Dalí Theater-Museum. There you will discover the secrets of Salvador Dalí’s surreal world and the history of the city.
To learn more about Dalí or about the history of Figueres, discover the guided tours!
Others charming towns
Catalonia is full of treasures. Here is our selection of villages that you should not miss during your holidays at Camping del Mar!
If you like coastal villages, you will love:
- Sant Pol de Mar, an old fishing village with its narrow streets and its white and staggered houses.
- Caldes d’Estrac, one of the smallest towns in the country, known for its thermal baths.
If you prefer inland villages, let yourself be surprised by:
- Besalú, an emblematic medieval town in the Garrotxa region
- Rupit, another medieval village accessible only on foot by a suspension bridge
- Montserrat, considered a magic mountain and its monastery are essential to visit in the region, in a spectacular environment
Catalonia is a region with many traditions. You can discover them during your holidays in Malgrat de Mar, especially during the biggest celebration of the city around August 16 (Festa Major de Sant Roc).
During those days of celebration, you will be able to meet the giants of the city and be surprised by those giant human towers (els castellers). You will also have the opportunity to attend a fire party (els diables) or see the typical Catalan dance (les Sardanes).
During the opening period of the campsite, other celebrations such as Saint Georges (Sant Jordi), Saint John (Sant Joan) or the day of Catalonia are also celebrated.